18 Dec RECIPE: Delicious Baked Cinnamon Apples
Yes, I eat dessert! I’m human 😉 I’m a sucker for a square of good quality dark chocolate. YUM!
Of course it’s important to keep your added sugars to a minimum. And today’s recipe has just a *little bit* of maple syrup, nothing to fuss over. In fact, if you’re eating a healthy well balanced diet 85-90% of the time, there’s no reason to feel guilty about the 10-15% you indulge.
Chronic restriction and deprivation is just as unhealthy as chronic over indulging. Health is about balance.
- 4 large red delicious apples
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- raisons for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Mix together the oats, pecans,cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Cut the top off the apple, then remove the apple cores without cutting through the bottom of the apple. Make sure to remove all the seeds and to create enough space for the filling.
2. Fill the apples with the mixture. Top with a few raisons. Place apples in an oblong baking dish and add the water to the dish creating a water bath for the apples. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes or until tender.
3. Best enjoyed with friends and family.